Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Prolouge: Where the story starts...




Every person no matter who he may be has a story to tell and has a humble beginning.

My full name is Charles Edward Joseph C. Tugade. I was born on the ninth of March year nineteen eighty nine at perpetual succor in Sampaloc, Manila. As a Child, I was like any other kid who is well loved by his family members.

I grew up to be an achiever and an academically inclined student. In kinder garden, I was always at the top of every subject that we had and was always the representative in every school occasion. Back then it feels so good when you receive good merits from your teachers because you feel that you are always at the top of your game.

Problems started when I entered elementary school at Don Bosco Technical Institute in Makati, at first I was overwhelmed with the sheer number of students. Shyness started to develop as a part of my personality and interacting with other students seems to be hard. Luckily some of my classmates became my friends for as long as I remember. Bullies also became a part of my everyday life in school as higher level students tend to push around the lower level students, but the good thing is that there are teachers and discipline officers that roam around the campus so bullying activities are controlled. In this period of life studies became a boring part of my life and instead of being the top student of my class I was only a part of our top ten. Having a lot of friends and extra curricular activities prevent me from accomplishing what my parents want: to be the best student in class.

After three years in Don Bosco, I have to move to a new school because our family is moving from Manila to Santa Rosa Laguna so I have to leave my friends behind and face a new crowd and new environment in my new school. I was enrolled at Laguna Bel Air School; we were one of the lucky enrollees who had availed the scholarship program of the subdivision. I worked hard to maintain my grade especially on hard to digest subjects like math. At high school I regain my study habit abilities when biology triggered it. Because I like biology so much I started to like studying again. Other subjects like physics and chemistry also became easy to understand.

When college came problems sprouted again. Because I do not like the course that my parents wanted for me I started to rebel against them and my studies. I started to drink alcohol almost every week and stopped participating in every subject that I am enrolled to. In the first term in De La Salle Canlubang I almost fail Algebra and English Basic because I dislike the school, the surroundings and everything in it. When I got my first set of course cards I realized that if I am going to keep this kind of attitude is it not my parents who will suffer but me and my future. So at the start of the second term I strived to get back on tract by studying with all my might and trying my best in every subject. In the third term of my first year I ended up being a dean’s lister and since then I have been acing in every subject that we had from quantitative techniques to operation research.
In the current term I am enrolled in Data Mining Class under Professor Ramon Duremdes, I am not sure what data mining is all about until our professor had his first lecture last Saturday. I learned that Data Mining is about data gathering and refining the data gathered so it can be useful information to a company. So far data mining is used to make better decisions and to granulized data to extend the detail of information to the sectors of a company or an organization, with data mining organizations can come up with better solution and decisions to a particular problem because of the sufficient amount of information thrown at them. I hope to learn more about this subject and if the situation permits I will have a good grade at the end of the term.

3 comments: